Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Get to Know Me Tag


What is your middle name? 
So sorry, but I'm gonna leave this one unanswered for privacy concerns, ya know. One question in and I'm already skipping! It's not that interesting though, right?

What was your favourite subject at school?
Well, I'm still in school :) But I really seem to enjoy math every year. I don't see myself entering a math-related career in the future but it's something that I truly love. It has come naturally to me for as long as I remember and I've made some pretty amazing memories during math competitions.

What is your favourite drink?
Hmmm... if a smoothie counts I'll say a smoothie, but I view smoothies more as liquid food... Water is definitely what I drink most often, though.

What is your favourite song at the moment? 
Recently I started looking through that thing at the bottom of your Spotify playlists that suggests songs to add to it, and I have found so many good songs. Pandora just isn't doing it for me anymore for some reason. I used to like it but now I feel like I'm skipping or disliking every song (or suffering through it because I'm trying to save up my skips). Oh! Right, favourite song. Uh... Hundred Miles by Yall ft. Gabriela Richardson

What is your favourite food?
Wow. That's hard. I'd say salad but that's cheating, because that's like saying "entrees" or "appetizers". I feel like I should say something simple. Let's go with avocado on toasted rye bread. I probably have that about every other day but it's just so good! Topped with some pumpkin seeds and lemon, oh yesss. Or, if I'm feeling fancy, some strawberries + balsamic vinegar or cucumber + feta + dill. I feel like a chef when I'm making avocado toast sometimes...

What is the last thing you bought?
Some stuff at IKEA! I got a lamp, string lights, a cactus plant, and a glass vase for it.

Favourite book of all time?
Hm, it's hard to choose one because I feel like a lot of the books that I really really enjoyed reading wouldn't be as appealing to me now that I'm older. But I have to pick one so let's say Eleanor and Park. That book was amazing.

Favourite Colour? 
Mint, but I don't feel strongly about that, I just like pretty colors!

Do you have any pets?
No, but we just got an Amazon Echo and sometimes it feels like a pet.

Favourite Perfume?
I don't really wear perfume, but when I do ("I don't always drink beer, but when I do..." I'm sorry that just popped into my head) it's the Pink Fresh & Clean body mist.

Favourite Holiday? 
I'm not sure if this question is asking me to pick my favorite vacation that I have been on or to describe my dream vacation, or- wait a second, what if they're talking about holidays as in Christmas? This is too confusing! All of the blogs I've seen that have done this tag answered with vacations so I'll just go with that. My favorite vacation would be one of the cruises we've been on. I don't think I could pick one but they have all been absolutely thrilling experiences and they're the most recent so they're freshest in my memory.

Are you married? 
No!

Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?
Yes, and I have no idea. My parents traveled a ton when I was little, but I don't remember any of it and I don't think they could possibly count either, especially when you count layovers in airports.

Do you speak any other language?
Lithuanian fluently and Spanish decently (I take it in school).

How many siblings do you have?
One totally awesome little brother. (That's not even sarcastic, he can be annoying sometimes but he is so smart and creative that it amazes me.)

What is your favourite shop?:
I've never really been "shopping" as an outing, but I love going to IKEA and West Elm when my parents go.

Favourite restaurant?: 
My family doesn't go out to eat that often, so this is hard. When we're traveling, there's this place called Protein Bar that's a favorite, although I doubt if you could even call that a restaurant, really. But it's so cool, they've got delicious healthy food and a really nice "atmosphere". One time though, we were in Washington D.C. and we went there every single day that I got so sick of it I could barely even think about eating any more of it. So there's a lesson for you - everything in moderation! We went this weekend when we were in Chicago and it was great, so it's all good now.

When was the last time you cried?:
I probably cry more than the average person, but I couldn't remember the last time. Maybe a week ago?

Favourite Blog?
I read a lot, so I'll pick two. My favorite general blog is Miss Zali, and my favorite food blog is Green Kitchen Stories. I feel like those are the two main categories of blogs that I read, and they're very different, so there you go :)

Favourite Movie?
Interstellar. Listening to the soundtrack gives me chilllls man. I don't know if the effect is the same if you haven't seen the movie but here is my favorite song from the soundtrack, Cornfield Chase.

Favourite TV show? 
Shark Tank! I can't get enough of that show. Why is it so fascinating?? My favorite shark is Robert Herjavec because he seems like the most sensible and nice shark, but of course the show wouldn't be the same if any of them weren't there. I'd love to hear what other people think, who is your favorite shark?

PC or Mac?
Mac!

What phone do you have? 
iPhone 5C

How tall are you? 
5'1"

Can you cook? 
Heck yes! Just kidding, I don't want to sound stuck-up, but yes. I love to cook and do it a lot!

Thank you so much for reading, these were really fun questions to answer! I hope they were at least mildly interesting to read, haha. I tag anyone who wants to do it!